Saturday, October 26, 2013

Episode 3: “Original Sins”

"You two are not ordinary vampyres, huh? I’m guessing you’re the Originals. Un-killable by ordinary wooden stakes! Congratulations you just made yourself of more use to me alive than dead-”, said Xoro as he watched Rebekka and Matt in curiosity; his eyes shimmering with pride.
“As you now know who we are, I wouldn’t waste my time telling you how powerful we originals are... rather I’ll just show you-”, said Rebekka as she quickly unclamped her hands off the iron cuffs and threw away all the wooden stakes that pierced her body and those that pierced Matt’s. But, as she tried to get up and attack Xoro, she couldn’t move a single step. It appeared as if she had been bound by some spell which prevented her to take so much as a single step ahead.
“What have you done?” She asked in rage.
“Oh, it’s only a spell to keep you in check. I thought I’d show you how powerful ‘we’ are-”, saying so Xoro smiled.

“Hello, Katherine sweetheart. I must say that you do look a mess. Human clothing, not one of your attires I take it. Your doppelganger Elena had quite a charm when she was human, which I’m sure you must have noticed and drawn the comparison a zillion times-”, Klaus smiled at the weak human Katherine.
“Thank you, Klaus! But, I feel absolutely fine-”, replied Katherine with her usual air of hauteur.
“You know I could really kill you right now than ever not to mention that I want to. I have waited for 500 years, chasing you down from Italy to New Orleans-”, Klaus grabbed her throat.
“Ughhhh....”. Katherine started choking for breath.
“Calm down, macho Klaus! You don’t want to make a scene here in the middle of the day-”, said Silas who was posing as Damon.
“And how do you dare commanding me...?? Have you forgotten that I’m your sire and the sire to the filthy bloodlines of most vampires on this planet? You have absolutely no power over me and if you don’t shut up, you’ll be the second on my list after her”, whispered Klaus staring at the vulnerable Katherine.

“You may be my ancestor but from all the stories I’ve heard about you, I’d say all these years you have been nothing more than a bitch on personal vendetta-”, Bonnie spoke with disgust in her tone.
“And those have been nothing but stories. I assure you. Wouldn’t you want to know what actually happened?” asked Quetsiyah.
“Sorry. I know that now that I am dead and stuck on this side of the veil with you forever but I’ll pass. I’ll find something else to do than hear your pretty little lies”, saying so Bonnie turned to walk away from her but she stopped suddenly. Standing before her were uncountable witches who blocked her way. This included the coven of the twelve dead witches who were sacrificed to create the expression triangle. Emily and Bonnie’s grandmother, Shiela stood  among them.
“Going somewhere, Bonnie? Now that you’re here, we have plenty of things to sort out-”, said Aja, the witch that Caroline killed in an attempt to save Bonnie and unintentionally offered to the completion of the expression triangle.


“Hey, we know you’re stronger than us. We get it, okay? But, at least tell us what do you want?” Matt was speaking to Xoro. He continued,
“We came here just to study about the origins of the first immortal creature Silas and about the tribe who worshipped him. Are you guys-”, Matt couldn’t finish as Xoro interrupted him.
“What do you two know about Silas?” asked Xoro curiously; his interest in his two captives growing every minute.
“We have him. We have Silas. You could raise him, worship him... do all you want. Now let’s strike a deal, shall we??” Rebekka said in a straightforward tone.
“We don’t make deals with vampyres. Besides, we are not the tribe who worship Silas in case the thought crossed your minds... the tribe you came to study about as you’re proposing. On the contrary, we worship someone else. We are informed by one of our hunters that Silas’ awake and there’s only one person who can keep him from unleashing hell on earth-”, Xoro couldn’t complete.
“Quetsiyah!! You worship Quetsiyah!!” spoke Rebekka. She was awe-stricken at the revelation.
“We’re bringing the veil down and it happens on the next full moon. You two wouldn’t mind staying until then, would you? ” he chuckled.
“Xoro, we know the drill. You cannot fool us. You cannot put the veil down by yourself. You would need a Bennett witch for that and-”, Rebekka was intercepted.
“I have a Bennett witch-”, saying so Xoro turned to one of his men. They were still kneeling down with their heads dipped low.
“Zeenab, ikhlaashef rohetazam”, he spoke in Aramaic. One of the tribesman got up and went away to bring the Bennett witch.

“Klaus, all we need to know now is where Elena is. We have to find her and Katherine’s the only person who knows where she is. We can’t kill her now-”, Caroline explained, trying to simmer down Klaus’ anger and annoyance.
“Okay, you will now tell me exactly where Elena is. You will not try to run or hide and you will not play any games with me-”, Klaus spoke so staring in Katherine’s eyes, compelling her to get the truth out of her.
“I don’t know where Elena is”, Katherine spoke as if she were in some trance.
“Is she on vervain? Now that Mystic Fall’s water supply has vervain in it, all she needed was to drink the town water-” said Caroline.
“I guess then all we can do now is to wait for the vervain to pass down her system”, deduced Klaus.
“Hmm. But, there’s still one thing.  I don’t understand, Damon. You were with Elena this entire summer. How could you lose her to Katherine and how could you mistake this Katherine for Elena. Even a born blind could tell the difference-”, Caroline asked Silas. Silas was not ready for this question to Damon. There fell an awkward silence.

The tribesman brought along with him a woman in her late thirties. The woman was tall and slim. They walked and stood beside Xoro.
“Wait, hold on. I think I know you. I’ve seen you somewhere-”, Matt began recalling his past memories. The face of the woman looked familiar to him.
“How could you possibly know every Bennett witch, Matt?” asked perplexed Rebekka.
“He cannot possibly recall where he saw me but I know him. Stop trying, Matt. You were compelled that day. You wouldn’t remember-”, said the Bennett witch.
“Then why don’t you enlighten us?” asked Rebekka in contempt.
“I am Lucy. I am Bonnie’s cousin. I once helped Katherine find the moonstone. I protected Katherine... did a spell that linked Katherine to Elena. That’s when I bleakly crossed paths with Bonnie, Matt, Jeremy, Elena, and the Salvatore brothers-”
“You’ve been to Mystic Falls??” Rebekka was surprised.
“And the good news is we are all going to Mystic Falls. That’s where the spell needs to be performed-”, said Xoro. A smile visited his face.

Read Episode 4: "Connecting The Dots"

No comments:

Post a Comment