Sunday, November 24, 2013

Episode 7: “Deal With The Devil”

 “I hope that should settle the matter, sisters? You all may leave now-”, Qetsiyah asked the elder witches to disperse. There were about a dozen of witches- each one of different hues and color, different shapes and stature. They all left the court at once with the exception of Esther who stood there.
“Esther, if you have something else to discuss and unless that something is not of extreme urgency I think it will have to wait. You see, with what little time I have on this side I have a fairly long story to complete-”, saying so Qetsiyah made a move to exit the court.
“I understand, Qetsiyah. But, I’m afraid that the matter only concerns your visit to the other side-”, said Esther courtly.
“And what might it be?”
“Qetsiyah, do you remember that I once made a visit to the other side in order to kill my own children?”
“Yes I do remember. Truthfully speaking, I even learned some lessons from your story of failure.... Your children are nothing but abominations. They call themselves The Originals, don’t they?” asked Qetsiyah curtly. Esther nodded gently. She was filled with shame and regret.
“I failed because... because I wasn’t powerful enough to take them down. Not without the help of the witches of the Bennett line...your bloodline. So when they cut me out-”, Esther couldn’t complete as Qetsiyah intercepted.
“I know the story, Esther. What are you trying to suggest here?”
“My children... The Originals are nothing as compared to Silas. So in order to take down Silas you would need help-”
“Did you just draw a comparision of my powers with yours on the basis of the story of your failure? Are you implying that I will fail just like you did?” Qetsiyah asked with contempt in her tone.
“No, Qetsiyah. All I’m implying is that you should learn just one more lesson from my failure... there should always be an alternative plan thought of... just in case...”
“And what makes you think that I don’t have an alternative plan already?” Qetsiyah smiled while Esther was left perplexed.



“Excellent, Katerina! I now have to go somewhere but you will not leave until I tell you to-”, Klaus compelled Katherine.
“None of my business but... where are you going?” she asked.
“Well... there’s a new Bennett witch in town. I should probably go and say hi-”, saying so Klaus departed closing the door after him. Katherine, not finding any source of amusement around, jumped onto the cushiony bed and closed her eyes for a short nap. Hardly had she enjoyed a minute of slumber when the door opened. She woke up in fright.
“Klaus? What happened? Left your wallet here?” Katherine chuckled.
“It’s me... Silas. I am here to help-” said Silas. He was appearing as Klaus. Katherine was left perplexed; her brows constricted in a frown.



The door bell rang a couple of times. Lucy answered the door.
“Hello, witch-”, Klaus greeted her.
Niklaus....” Lucy gasped. “How did you know where I live? Right... Katherine”
“Yes. I understand she’s your partner in crime? Now how unwelcoming does it look keeping a guest at the threshold and not inviting him in-”, he smiled.
“Oh, I don’t know... but what if the guest was your enemy?” asked she.
“And why would you think that I’m your enemy?” Klaus was surprised. Lucy couldn’t think what to say or do for a few minutes. Finally, she made up my mind.
“Come on in. I think it must be getting cold out there-”, she invited him in smilingly.



“So Klaus compelled you?” Silas asked Katherine.
“May be. I cannot say if he did. I’m not a vampire with privileges anymore, remember?” she replied curtly.
“Well then I’m guessing you would have already spilled the beans. In that case, we don’t have much time. I want you to come with me right now-”, said he and started leaving. But Katherine didn’t move.
“I can’t... I can’t leave-”

“Why?? What’s wrong? Oh, no... you have been compelled. You cannot escape”, Silas deduced.




“I understand you and your other witch friends from Haiti want to bring Qetsiyah from the other side to put down Silas? So I’m here to offer my contribution for this noble cause-”, Klaus explained.
“And what do you have to offer?”
“I have something you would need to lower the veil-”, he replied confidently. Lucy thought for a moment before she could guess what it was that Klaus was talking about.
“You have Silas’ tombstone-”, she inferred.
“Well... I don’t have it now but I know who had it and where it is now-”
“That must be Katherine again...” said she. Klaus only smiled in reply.
“But how can you say that we need the tombstone for the spell? Since when does a vampire know about the ingredients of a witch’s spell?”
“My mother was a witch if you do not know. However... it wasn’t too difficult to figure out about the key ingredients of this spell. A little bit compulsion did the trick. When Katherine told me she was working with witches I only wondered what it was that made the witches strike a deal with a vulnerable human Katherine. So I asked her and she was obedient enough to blabber-”
“You are smart. I’ll give you that but not smart enough-” replied Lucy as she started incanting a spell repeatedly.
Aasmaantos illerra erranimum Aasmaantos illerra erranimum
Klaus fell to his knees.
“Aaghhhh... what are you doing?? Uggghhhhh”, he cried of pain. The blood in his brain nerves started boiling giving him unbearable headache.
Just then Xoro appeared in the room. He had been listening to this conversation from the other bedroom of the house. He grabbed Klaus’ head and twisted his neck violently. With a cracking sound, his neck broke and he fell on the floor unconscious.
“No more deals with vampires. Now we have all we want-”, said Xoro in a tone of victory.
“So you could read his mind?” Lucy asked Xoro.
“Yes. When I touched his forehead, I saw the exact location where the tombstone is kept-”, admitted Xoro. They both smiled looking at each other.  



Silas and Katherine were riding in a car with Silas at the wheels and Katherine beside him.
“You could drop the Klaus look now. I don’t think we’d need that anymore. Speaking of... would you ever show me what you actually look like?” Katherine asked Silas. Suddenly, Silas changed his appearance and resorted to Stefan’s face.
“Oh, no... not again!” Katherine gasped in disappointment.
“What?? Isn’t this the face that you once loved??” Silas asked smilingly. Katherine refrained from replying. Silas continued,
“Anyways... I couldn’t understand one thing. One moment you were compelled not to leave Klaus’ guest room and all of a sudden the compulsion wears off just like that?”
“Yes, that was strange. I mean an original’s compulsion is the strongest and it doesn’t wear off unless.... unless something awful has befallen the original. Oh my God, does that mean Klaus is dead???” Katherine chuckled at the thought.
“Well, isn’t he an un-killable?” asked Silas.
“Not exactly-”, she replied. Silas waited for Katherine to elaborate but she revealed no more. After a long drawn silence Silas took out his cell phone and began dialling a number.
“Who are you calling?” she asked but Silas never bothered to reply.

“Hey, hunter. This is Silas. I have an offer for you. You help me and I will hand over your sister Elena. So what do you say?? Do we have a deal???” he spoke over the phone.



On the other side of the veil Esther and Linda were talking to each other.
“Esther, so did you talk to Qetsiyah?” asked Linda.
“Yes, I did but only to be left bewildered to make my own assumptions-”, replied Esther. She looked anxious and worried.
“You should tell Qetsiyah that you want to try again. You failed once but that doesn’t mean you will always fail. I appreciate what you’re trying to do, Esther. It takes a lot of courage to kill your children with your own hands-”, said Linda as she placed a comforting hand on Esther’s shoulder.

“My children died a thousand years ago when I turned them into vampires. They are nothing but abominations now. I must put an end to what I started a thousand years ago. I must wipe out the history of Vampirism which is why I need to go to the other side once the veil is lowered... I need to try a second time-”


Read Episode 8: "Deal Or No Deal"

No comments:

Post a Comment