Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Episode 5: "Once Upon A Time"

“What are we doing here at the quarry? I thought we were going to find Elena?” Jeremy asked Damon as he stepped out of the car.
“Yes, we will, Little Gilbert. But first, we need to find Stefan. How the hell did Silas escape? And when he did, what did he do to Stefan?” Damon spoke perplexed. A lot of questions were rushing through his brain at the same time. He now looked fresh and strong; his body re-energised with blood. Damon and Jeremy walked toward the desolate quarry where Stefan’s car was still parked. And a few metres away, lay the broken pieces of the once calcified Silas, half wrapped in a cloth.
“So Stefan must have brought Silas up here but how could Silas break through and get out? Bonnie made sure that Silas was all stone and no flesh. I think we should call Bonnie. Tell her that her summer trip’s over. May be she could help us figure out what exactly happened... well you know... with some juju from one of the witches’ cook books. She might even help locate Stefan through her locator spell-”, Damon said and took out his cell phone to dial Bonnie’s number.
“Damon, stop. Bonnie... She can’t help us. There’s something you need to know-”, Jeremy was still debating over as to how to put it across.
“What is it, Jeremy? You are Bonnie’s new spokesperson now?” Damon was waiting for Jeremy to come to his rescue.
“Bonnie.... She....uhh... Bonnie did a spell that brought me back. From the dead-”, Jeremy was hovering hither and thither. He didn’t know how to frame the disastrous news of Bonnie’s death.
“Yes, Jeremy. People read all that in the Huffington Post three months ago. What are you suggesting here?” Damon was irritated.
“The expression.... the dark magic took away her life, Damon. Bonnie’s dead and she is not coming back”. There was dead silence all around. Damon was shocked at what he had just heard.
“Bonnie, what??” He still couldn’t believe his ears.
“I was gone all summer because I couldn’t...  I couldn’t face everyone and lie to you guys about Bonnie like she asked me to. She didn’t want any of you to know that... that she is no more”, Jeremy’s eyes turned wet. And for the first time, Damon’s eyes were moist too. He hugged Jeremy to comfort him. After a long drawn awkward silence, Jeremy finally spoke,
“Thanks, Damon... Ughh... I think we should call Sheriff Forbes and ask her to send troops down here to check if Stefan is down there somewhere-”. Jeremy dialled Sheriff Forbes number.

“I’m listening. Tell me what’s the actual story of you, Silas and the other woman he loved? I’ve heard you killed her-”, Bonnie was speaking to Qetsiyah as they walked through the caves on the other side.
“You seem to have reached the conclusion before you have even had the story heard. Do not make any judgement about me before I tell you what it was that killed his one true love-”, Qetsiyah sounded polite.
“Okay. I am all ears-” Bonnie replied.
“I was born in a royal family that lived and conquered most parts of Athens. I was a princess- the only child of my mother Queen Aayesha. My mother belonged to one of the most powerful witches that have ever lived on earth”, she paused for a while but before she could continue, Bonnie intercepted her,
“Oh, so does that mean that though distant, but royal blood flows in my veins too?”
“It sure does, Bonnie. Sadly that you learned of it just now. But there was no way that you could have known”, Qetsiyah smiled and continued with her story.
“My father, The King had another wife named Samyra besides my mother and she had a daughter too by the name Moira. Moira was five years older than me and she was a wonderful sister, the best that one could get. Though born to different mothers, we never quite felt that she was any different from me -” Qetsiyah smiled at the memory.
“So, you had a step-sister? Nice. But, were Moira and her mother Samyra witches too?” Bonnie asked.
“No, they were ordinary humans yet special than most others. Like my father who was a human too but was the King of nine kingdoms at the time-”
“Okay. Qetsiyah, it’s nice to know to what bloodlines you belong or for that matter I belong but could you cut the story short a bit? I thought you were going to focus on the sad little triangular love story that supposedly explains why you turned into a raging vindictive bitch-”
“I understand your desperation, Bonnie but I believe half-told stories do not give you a clear imagery of an event or a person. And with time these incomplete fables tend to mold into something utterly inappropriate like it happened in my case-”
Without any further resistance, Bonnie allowed Qetsiyah to continue with her story.

Katherine was lying unconsciously on the bed in one of Klaus’ palatial guest rooms. Slowly, she was gaining consciousness. Once awake, she looked around in desperation to figure out where she was. Suddenly her eyes found something interesting. Katherine’s cell phone was lying on one of the bedside tables. She quickly grabbed it and carefully listened to a couple of the voice mails out of a dozen messages that she had received from Lucy. She looked around to check if it was safe to talk over the phone. She quickly dialled a number. There were a couple of rings but before someone picked up on the other end, Klaus opened the door and rushed to her. He instantly grabbed the cell phone away from her and listened to the voice on the other end.
“Oh thank God, Katherine! Where have you been? I called like a dozen times”, a female spoke from the other side.
“Who is this? I am afraid Miss Katherine Pierce isn’t in a state to attend your call at the moment. May I have a-” replied Klaus but before he could finish the line went dead.
“I am so sorry, love but the unknown caller just refused to reveal her identity to me and the voice sounded unfamiliar so now I’m just gonna have to get it out of you. Now that vervain’s out of your system, I don’t think it would be a problem?” Klaus stared into her eyes and compelled her,
“You will answer every word truthfully. You will not run nor make any attempts of escape. Tell me, who’re you working for?”
“Silas. I am working for Silas”, she replied.
“Who was this lady you just called?”
“This was Lucy.”
“Lucy who? Tell me all that you know about her”
“She is Bonnie’s cousin, a Bennett witch. I saved her life once and in return she helped me get the moonstone some years ago”
“Ah...interesting. So you’re working with Silas and this witch Lucy. And why on earth are you working with a witch?”
“They’ve promised me something. Something that I want-”
“Who’re they? Who else is involved?”
“Lucy is working with some other witches from Haiti. One of them is named Xoro. He is the master of a tribal witch community”
“And what is that something that they’ve promised to give you, sweetheart?”
“Immortality. They’ve promised me Silas-like immortality”.
Klaus grinned at the revelation. He however continued with the interrogation.
“Have the witches told you what they are up to? Tell me all that you know about their plans-”
“They want to bring Qetsiyah from the other side. They want to perform a spell that is going to lower down the veil to allow Qetsiyah to set foot on this side and finally put an end to Silas”
“And when exactly do they want to perform this spell?”
“I don’t know”

Bonnie was keenly listening to Qetsiyah’s story as they sat on a piece of rock.
“Moira was a beautiful soul. But, one day she was taken ill. And even with the best help from the nine kingdoms and beyond, none could help cure her. Natural and supernatural- everything failed. She was dying and we couldn’t let that happen. So we spread the word far and wide in search for the one cure that we believed existed somewhere or that someone who could make the cure for Moira's ailing body- ”
“So did you find the cure?” Bonnie now seemed drawn to the story.
“No. But we found someone who said he could make the cure-”
“Who was that someone?”
“You know him already. None but Silas”.

Lucy came by the cellar to check on Rebecca and Matt.
“You don’t look so good, Matt? I understand you must be hungry-”, saying so Lucy placed a food package before Matt.
“Well... what about me? Don’t you think I must be hungry too?” Rebecca revolted.
“Oh, I know. You must be very hungry. But, you see... witches don’t serve vampires. I don’t let vampires control me anymore. Something Bonnie taught me when we last met”, Lucy explained.
Matt hadn’t touched the food. He spoke for the first time.
“You could at least tell me what wrong have I done, Lucy? It appears that you know that I’m human, right? So why holding me here? Why not letting me go?” asked Matt.
“Oh, of course I know that you’re human, Matt. It’s just that you were at the wrong place and with a very wrong person. I cannot let you go...yet. Because, it appears to me that you too have a tendency to help out the evil ones. I cannot risk that. Once we are done, I’ll let you out myself, I promise-”, replied Lucy.
Just then Xoro and two of his tribal followers entered the cellar.
“Any news on Katerina, sister?” asked Xoro.
“Yes but I’m afraid it is bad news. Katherine has been kept captive by one of the other originals”, Lucy stopped to look at Rebecca before she continued,
Niklaus. I believe he has her.”
“But, we do need doppelganger blood for the spell? And-” he stopped suddenly as he heard someone moaning at a distance.
“I wonder who could that be?” spoke Lucy as she and Xoro made a headway toward the direction of the moaning. They were surprised to see what lay before them rather who lay before them.
“I believe that the doppelganger blood won’t be a problem anymore-”, said Lucy as she smiled.
“Certainly not. Elena Gilbert is just as good as Katerina Petrova-”, rejoiced Xoro. Before them lay the semi-conscious and desiccating Elena, held by the strong iron chains.


Read Episode 6: "Ghosts Of The Past"

No comments:

Post a Comment